Naplam Death - Scum




Yeah, of course I was going to post this next. The Saintly John Peel (for we are not worthy) saved me from the stupidity of the people around me and allowed me a glimpse of light ... but then one night I'm lay on my bed and he says I'm here at some venue in Ipswich to see this unsigned band (sorry can't do the accent and I'm paraphrasing). That band were Extreme Noise Terror and he broadcast the entire gig live to the nation. My drug addled memory is that ENT preceded this but not in terms of official releases. I had traveled a journey through metal (even NWOBHM ffs looking for something meaningful, didn't find it ... lots of nice hairdos though) into punk into anarcho-punk into Birthday Party / Swans / Live Skull / Sonic Youth / Butthole Surfers. I obviously thought that I was far too educated for this shit. However, if you have been around here for a while then you will already be fully aware that I know loads of things about nothing (or is it the other way around?). Some tosser probably made a fortune calling this grindcore ... it's not. It's evolution in action.

Over here, this was originally a vinyl only release in 1987. It was another seven years before Earache reissued it on CD in Blighty. This is the latter edition.

Scum

3 comments:

Anonymous,  8 May 2020 at 08:36  

"Naplam"

Anonymous,  8 May 2020 at 16:56  

Caligari:
"Death"

Nsns 8 January 2021 at 23:41  

I work at “truck rental place” where the scum of the earth comes in at 6 am to borrow trucks and literally take shits in them. This album is my coffee most mornings.