God Bullies - Join Satan's Army




I while ago when I was posting some Princess Dragon-Mom / Time Stereo stuff and there was a The Dragon-God project that I assumed was a PDM offshoot. Somebody dropped a comment a couple of days ago clarifying that it was members of PDM and fellow Michigan noise-rock outcasts God Bullies (which once said makes perfect sense ... I've still not heard them though!). At first hearing you will think that I have lost my mind posting such "traditional rawk geetar" ... but then you look at the left hand of Satan on the cover and the cornball but twisted lyrics and the nonsense but perfect backwards sections wishing for a Judas Priest trial ... not convinced?

OK. Let's try again. It includes a cover of Link Wray's Preacher Man (with added televangelist give me your money bullshit), Which Way You Goin' Billy? by The Poppy Family (which featured Terry Jacks ... yeah, the Seasons In The Sun bloke) and turn it into the torch song of a frustrated paedophile stalker. However, the best is third ... a cover of Hot Chocolate's You Sexy Thing? Fucking genius!

I've been thinking of posting loads of 30+ year old weird rock shit that I have that nobody that I ever knew appreciated in any way. I started to wonder how that would go down but then I remembered that this is Bleak Bliss and we never really gave a shit in the first place.

Double 7" released on Amphetamine Reptile Records in 1990.

your country doesn't need you

6 comments:

Anonymous,  20 May 2020 at 16:10  

love this record!

i for one would be interested in '30+ year old weird rock shit'.

also, i calypso.

badgerstump 20 May 2020 at 16:43  

i always thought it was eye calypso

Anonymous,  20 May 2020 at 18:12  

well if its a john denver reference it should be 'aye calypso' i suppose, but i will bow to your superior knowledge (god bullies are the first band you've posted that i'd heard before, so what the hell do i know?)

badgerstump 20 May 2020 at 18:22  

fuck john denver ... i thought it was a Butthole Surfers reference ... when Gibby goes (for no obvious reason) "eye calypso" (or whatever) on Bar-B-Q Pope

badgerstump 20 May 2020 at 18:23  

... and yes, they did shoot the pope's ass.

Anonymous,  21 May 2020 at 15:10  

Love this, please more!