Pharaoh Overlord


Pharaoh Overlord are Janne Westerlund, Jussi Lehtisalo and Tomi Leppänen (who more regularly play in Circle) and describe themselves as "hypno-improv-stoner-rock". Whilst this is minimalist stoner, there is a slow-motion psychedelia burning inside. In a week and a bit I get to see Circle and Pharaoh Overlord...I'm so happy, I could wet myself.


Pharaoh Overlord - # 1 [ektro records, 2001]


Pharaoh Overlord - # 2 [no quarter, 2003]


Pharaoh Overlord - # 3 [riot season, 2005]


Pharaoh Overlord - # 4 [ektro records, 2006]

...and this is the Overlord covering Spacemen 3's "Revolution"...feel free to wet yourself too!

3 comments:

Czar Nicholas 11 October 2011 at 14:38  

I remember listening to #2 and thinking "what the hell is this?" Great stuff, rad post, high fives all around.

Anonymous,  14 October 2011 at 12:12  

Caligari:
honestly i didn't like
that post. not so special.

Anonymous,  12 November 2011 at 03:39  

get some taste and come back later then.