Sun City Girls - Horse Cock Phepner




There is so much to be said about Sun City Girls that there should be bona fide University programmes dedicated to them. If you have been living under a rock, think of them as staggering from the same peyote barn as Eugene Chabourne, Kramer, the entire Shimmy Disc troupe, Caroliner and Sunburned Hand Of The Man whilst remaining utterly unique.

Sir Richard Bishop described this as being "... a chance to catch up with our obscenity quota. I don't think we had any intention of doing anything that resembled a political album. I think it was more of a documentation of the American nightmare in all its incestuous beauty." Some of their extensive output has been made avaialble digitally but not this one ... so here it is in all its absurdist beauty!

24/96 rip of the LP released on Placebo Records in 1987.

because you are my friend I will kill you for nothing

It's a big file so lean here first:

mega option

9 comments:

namakemono 5 March 2023 at 10:57  

Astonishing contribution to our collective wellbeing. You outdo yourself with each passing day. Thank you!

Anonymous,  6 March 2023 at 05:08  

I remember being 15 and saving up $200 to send to Scott Colburn for copies of all of their cassettes. Pre-internet good times.

Anonymous,  7 March 2023 at 13:57  

Caligari:
WOW!!!!

Anonymous,  7 March 2023 at 15:39  

Bands like SCG are the moments where I think to myself “this is a good time to be alive” then I look outside….

Bill 10 March 2023 at 02:21  

An incredible album by one of the most sublime bands to grace this Earth. I've long thought Dreamland to be one of the most unbearably sad songs I've ever heard. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous,  13 March 2023 at 11:01  

Excellent, thanks so much!

Anonymous,  29 March 2023 at 01:14  

thank you much!
i digitized my cassette copy 20 years back so this should be quite the upgrade!
saw sir richard solo in 2005 and he actually played a couple of tracks off this album.
mikeL