Gu-n - 群

The lone release by a drone/noise/improv supergroup of sorts. Gu-n were Fumio Kosakai (of Incapacitants and Uchu Engine), Ryuichi Nagakubo (who played bass with CCCC, Yuragi and Uchu Engine), Hidenobu Kaneda (of Yuragi), Sawada Morihide (of Marble Sheep and Yura Yura Teikoku), and the great Ikuro Takahashi (who has been part of Fushitsusha, Overhang Party, LSD March, Maher Shalal Hash Baz, and many many more legendary bands). As Gu-n, they compiled the best bits of improvised drone and scrape from two sessions (in February and June, 1995) into this album. It was released as a CD on Pataphysique (Overhang Party's label) in the same year.

Gu-n - 群

11 comments:

Unknown 5 May 2016 at 18:11  

Thank you, Mrs.! I search this many times! Maybe Uchu Engine in progress?

Ivangov

Mrs. Inside 6 May 2016 at 01:58  

Sure, I can post Uchu Engine for you!

Unknown 6 May 2016 at 03:18  

Thank you so very much!

Unknown 6 May 2016 at 13:37  

This will be not only my feast, but my will be most utter.

Thank you. And Gu-n exceeded expectations< I fly over psychedelic Japan

Ivangov

Plague 7 May 2016 at 01:14  

Got this when it first came out.
Still sounds good

Anonymous,  9 May 2016 at 16:11  

Thanks a bunch for this. Love me some japanese improv drone!

By the way, I'd appreciate if anybody can share this Tangerine Dream Syndicate CD. Been looking for it for a while.

Mrs. Inside 10 May 2016 at 22:53  

Tangerine Dream Syndicate? I can post that for you, Mr or Mrs Anonymous.

Anonymous,  14 May 2016 at 00:57  

Yes, Mrs. Inside! I'd be grateful if you can do that.

Anonymous,  14 May 2016 at 21:34  

Caligari:
great!

Certifiablockhead 25 September 2016 at 19:02  

drone/noise hurray !!

thank you...