Various - Brains On Backwash




I'm in the middle of ripping a big tape set that I have so I can post it here. It's taking a long time. Then I'll post it here on the filehost that I have paid for. I'm fucking broke and would rather be spending my time watching the "new" cats plan their attacks on each other in the back garden. I took in a pregnant stray ... Ruby, thanks for asking ... she gave birth to to five kittens. Sherman only got to 9 months old before some twat in a car killed her. The other four are approaching their first birthday in a couple of weeks. So far, it's a household of 8 (oh, and me). And, I sit here posting a shitload of my time into this void. When you think about it, why the fuck am I doing this shit? I'm actually a big boy and don't need vicarious validation.

I prefer Spike Milligan's eipthath of "I told you that I was ill". My demise will certainly be an 11 month old cat doing love rolls in front of me when I'm trying to safely navigate any environment? Harley btw, thanks for asking. Yeah, Inspector Harley on the staircase with the adorable head ... write that on my tombstone!

Has this really been thirteen and a half years (for me anyway). Most of me is ossifying so I can't blame my mojo for following suit. Don't actually know why I'm saying any of this ... a series of whoop whoop comments won't make any difference just like no comments would make me give anymore of a shit.

In silver cloud news, I'm off to see Swans tomorrow night ... the venue has the support listed as Norman Westbury (dickheads) ... obviously it's Norman Westberg doing his drone guitar thang. A pleasing circle for me as the first time I saw him play was about 35 years ago as a core member of Swans on their Children Of God tour (at the International at the top of Anson Road, still have the ticket somewhere). Blah fucking blah and suchforth

Anyway, this is another quality selection but I would suggest you just crack on.

C90 on 905 Tapes from 2008.

paint it backwash

16 comments:

Plague 11 August 2023 at 21:04  

Every time I try and see the Swans they cancel. Haven't seen them since the 80s when they destroyed my hearing with a 120000 watt PA system.
They gave me something I can't forget, tinnitus.

badgerstump 11 August 2023 at 22:19  

have you ever thought them cancelling was because they knew you were there? just saying.

i think my tinnitus can be blamed on loads of people ... happy to say that because i can't find a no blame legal eagle. i think when i say that i was down the front at Motorhead when I was 14 they kind of think yeah no money here

Boris about 15 years ago at the Ruby Lounge freaked me out because I lost everything in my left ear for a week ... they are very loud in an enclosed space and I thoroughly approve

Plague 12 August 2023 at 22:21  

Oh, good!
I'm doin' Boris and the Melvins next week.
Let's see what they can do together!

Anonymous,  13 August 2023 at 03:18  

4 new cats in a year is a big addition, congrats at that at least if you won't accept congrats on 13 years!

Anonymous,  15 August 2023 at 17:43  

Caligari:
best of the best

bulletproof socks 16 August 2023 at 17:13  

During my most recent hiatus of my blog I managed to get a hematoma in my temporal lobe after being hit by a riot police flash-bang grenade during a labor strike/demonstration. Other comrades were beaten up by police for no reason whatsoever - in fact there are videos of cops hitting them unprovoked and me in the background being hit by the grenade and then chased by cops.

it took some time for the hematoma to manifest, and eventually it did with migraines, lethargy and nosebleeds. i actually had blood running from my nose while teaching at school. i eventually got an MRI which showed a hematoma in my right temple right above the ear. i avoided surgery and am on medication. the nosebleeds have stopped but i'm still lethargic as fuck, i see flashes and revolving halos of light in my eyes, followed by migraines, i can't wake up or do much some days and on some occasions i also had some memory lapses.

why am i saying this? i was supposed to see swans live in mid-june, i had booked a ticket months before. it would be my fifth time seeing them. so i drove all the way to the other side of athens to see them, went into the venue and then realized there was another gig. i was two days late. i had just spent a weekend of drowsiness, inability to do anything, and didn't realize four days had passed. i left the venue shocked and stumbling and got into my car and started crying, unable to drive, and with the girl of my life refusing to sleep at mine because "she couldn't sleep next to someone who could die". later i read that the swans didn't actually play on the stage but right in front of the audience and invited the audience to join them or sth.

at least in late june i saw Kali Malone - Stephen O Malley was her roadie, he carried all the pedals and equipment backstage. At some instance during her performance i cried inconsolably.

Jim,  17 August 2023 at 21:39  

My dog died last year and now cats shit in my garden. I have to keep my grass short so I can see the cat shit. Cats are making me keep my garden tidy by shitting all over it. I would love to see Swans live. Maybe one day

cool breeze 18 August 2023 at 02:18  

thank you for your work--i cherish this blog

Lizerd Johnny Jewel,  31 August 2023 at 19:01  

My cat died two days ago. We had 14 years together, so I can't complain. But it hurts like hell. Farewell my fuzzy friend.

badgerstump 3 September 2023 at 19:23  

it's crushing

love you LJJ

ian,  10 September 2023 at 19:46  

'Vicarious validation' or not, i've appreciated your blog for what feels like forever. woop woop

Double Dubz 18 September 2023 at 14:23  

This blog is still the best blog links source so I still go through here to keep up with music blogs generally (the ones I care about)...

Anonymous,  20 September 2023 at 08:03  

Same here duder I've discovered so much cool shit here

Also seeing Boris + Melvins next week

UniBoehmer 10 October 2023 at 22:32  

I still check this stupid blog of yours every damn day. This prob is a sign that I need way more going on in my life. Hope to see new posts, but it's hard to be optimistic when all the greats fold eventually. Where else will I find filth of this caliber to muck around in & scare the hell out of my friends with? Face banging on keyboard isn't helping