Crank Sturgeon / PCRV - Future Steps For An Ancient Fever




Whilst drowning in a mental drought, Matt Anderson and Matt Taggart can always pull me out! Kinda glad I wasn't trapped in a trough ...

Here is a heart-warming tribute to the complexity of the tape:

"COMPLETEISTS ONLY! I have the utmost respect for both of these artists and I have no intention of bad mouthing their work. That being said this is not necessarily "enjoyable." cranks interest in spoken word is on full display, and boiled down to the absolute minimum. One man, one microphone, one word. Serious DADA ... sound entity? Did make me laugh a few times and I appreciate that. PCRVs side is a continuation of the crank piece, either a remix of sorts or a collaboration. The track title is BEWTS...a dialog, which leads me to suspect the latter. A bit more "musical" than cranks side but still probably a bit too minimal or "weird" for most listeners. Definitely not his usual work. If you consider Kommisar Hjuler or Dennis Tyfus to be a little too mainstream for your tastes than this is the tape you've been dreaming of. But if you are looking for charming bounce and clank or innovative soundscapes I would seek out one of the many top notch releases these two masters have available."

Nancy Sinatra's recordings released as a C30 On Matt T's Fluxus Montana label in 2014.

and that's just what I'll do

3 comments:

Certifiablockhead 3 September 2022 at 11:46  

sun will be out in a bit and will rule again but for now it´s BOEjTS!!

thanks man...

Anonymous,  3 September 2022 at 18:17  

Caligari:
that's extreme