Nomeansno - The Day Everything Became Nothing




Ahhh ... Canaduh's finest!

Apparently, it was 33 years ago that Mr Peel played the title track to me. I fell out of bed and so started a long love affair. NMN are brilliant. Period. I was lucky enough to see them a lot up between 88 and the ten years after. I'm ashamed to say, I lost track for a while after that. In terms of live gigs, I struggle to split the joy factor between them, Swans, Sonic Youth and Fugazi in terms of sweat extruded, injuries accumulated and the shit-eating grins that lasted for weeks.

I bought this immediately on hearing it. The next LP "Small Parts Isolated And Destroyed" followed soon after and bought that and still have that tour shirt somewhere. Then the CD version of Small Parts came out with this as additional tracks. I bought that as well. On the CD, "Brother Rat / What Slayde Says" are split into two tracks ... if you got the vinyl first then it clunks like fuck. On vinyl, one flows into the other ... this is a vinyl rip so if you've never? Listening back to this ... the first two tracks should be ripped as one as well. I'll get around to it at some point.

A 12" released on Alternative Tentacles in 1988.

For Mimi

2 comments:

Double Dubz 3 August 2021 at 02:14  

Only ever had 0+2=1, wonderful album