Chu Ishikawa - A Snake Of June (Original Soundtrack)




The plot of the film would make me sound like I'm into Jess Franco films and other such exploitative crap. If you know what that means then you have seen the film. It's dark, sadism at a distance is deeply unsettling with water (be it the rain or the shower) circumscribing the tension whilst being framed by beautiful blue/white cinematography. A fine addition to the canon of one of my favourite directors, Shinya Tsukamoto. As always, Chu Ishikawa nails the soundtrack. You may not be interested but so what?



A Snake Of June

4 comments:

Plague 27 March 2019 at 23:45  

There is nothing wrong with liking Jess Franco films, my friend.

pikul,  28 March 2019 at 10:36  

I AM interested ! Thx a lot for the Ishikawa OSTs (and for a lot of others things on your blog), big fan of Tsukamoto too.

Anonymous,  6 April 2019 at 08:13  

I love the Tetsuo movies, but I've never been able to hunt down this one. In any case, this soundtrack rules! Thanks for posting!!