Spacemen 3‎ - Transparent Radiation



I didn't intend to post anything today...it's my birthday and I've done just what any right thinking person would do. Get caned and listen to vinyl. I've ended up playing this 3 times straight...my best friend isn't happy...but she'll get her turn next month.

I've never posted Spacemen 3 before because I assumed that everybody knew about them. Then I realised that I bought this 25 years ago!

Shit, I'm old!

Anyway, I bought this thinking it was a 12" ep...that was how it was sold...I seriously wasn't prepared for the 38 minute psychonaut onslaught...it quickly became one of my favourite things. This must have been about the time that I saw them on one of their 1st ventures oop north...at the (improbably named) Electric Banana...

I assumed that everybody knew about this. And, then I realised that some of you weren't even born when I bought it.

It is quite simply a godhead piece of vinyl!

Transparent Radiation

10 comments:

nonI 30 June 2012 at 18:51  

haha awesome album,
happy birds :)

vollhonk,  30 June 2012 at 20:47  

Happy birthday, man and thx for all your gifts to us!

Anonymous,  30 June 2012 at 21:03  

Happy Birthday!

Mike

elmer68 30 June 2012 at 21:21  

Happy birthday. Thanks for posting so much great music!

Samuel Gulpan 1 July 2012 at 05:42  

Thanks! This is pleasant...
And happy birthday.

Anonymous,  1 July 2012 at 14:42  

happy birthday

the static fanatic 3 July 2012 at 07:53  

Bought my first SM3 tape on my senior class trip to London in Apr 94 - I have no idea why I chose it. I bought the re-issue of Sonic Death the same day at the huge HMV in Piccadilly. I think I threw my friends and parents for a curve when I started playing those on heavy rotation...

Happy Bday!

badgerstump 3 July 2012 at 16:48  

hahaha...for a birthday in 1988...my maternal grandfather gave me money as a present...I spent it on Sonic Death and Butthole Surfers' Locust Abortion Technician...I could tell by the look on his face that I was disowned...fair swap though!