Karera Musication - Koroshiya Ichi Original Soundtrack




In 2001, I watched Audition. It blew my head clean off. The slow psychological crawl towards the inevitable horror left me breathless and scared shitless. As a child of the video nasties, I was certainly not immune ... but Audition? Unlike anything. This film opened my eyes to the world of Asian horror cinema and I've never looked back (other than in moments of paranoia thinking that I'd watched a cursed video tape a week earlier).

From that moment on, Takashi Miike became an endless fascination. Recently, he made his 100th film ... the excellent Blade Of The Immortal. In such a vast canon, not everything is great but then he will come out with such culture bending films as Audition, Visitor Q and The Happiness of the Katakuris ... and Ichi the Killer. It's psychotic sadomasochistic violence is astonishing and beautiful but how on earth do you soundtrack it? Well, lets give it to Hira, Kazuya Nishimura, Seiichi Yamamoto and Yoshimi of Boredoms. Yep, that'll do it!



CD released on Cinema Monsoon in 2001.

Koroshiya Ichi

2 comments:

Anonymous,  31 March 2019 at 17:35  

Caligari:
all hail takashi miike!!!

Anonymous,  31 March 2019 at 17:36  

I was obsessed with the film and the manga for ages. Haven't heard this in years though. Thanks very much!