Thomas Brinkmann - Studio 1 Variationen

Aggressively minimal, nearly eventless techno (I guess?) that I don't think you could dance to if you tried. Nearly nothing changes across any of these songs. This music is like cilantro: either you'll love it or you'll be thoroughly repulsed. You'll be captivated by the austere repetition or else every minute will fill you with rage. The husband hates this album passionately. I can understand why, but it sounds pretty good to me right now. 

Thomas Brinkmann - Studio 1 Variationen

4 comments:

Robert Gomez 15 December 2018 at 19:49  

Who knew that playing Mike Ink sides with a double tone-armed turntable would produce such klonky "reggae" beats? I love it.

badgerstump 15 December 2018 at 20:27  

Wow ... I'd not heard this one. It's like weaponising irritation. I love it but I reckon that on the third consecutive listen I'd be peeling my own face off (in a bad way).

Mrs. Inside 15 December 2018 at 21:22  

It's not quite up to Simon Wickham-Smith "Two4Dancin'" level of weaponized irritation, but it's on the same trajectory.

Vladimir 17 December 2018 at 06:04  

lovin' thomas brinkmann!! thanks!!

https://bulletproofsocks.blogspot.com/2017/09/thomas-brinkmann-what-you-hear-is-what.html