va - Thee Book

Christmas is right around the corner, and I already got you a gift! This here is one of the most legendary (and rare) compilations of experimental industrial and noise music ever made. One could even argue that it is THE archetypal cassette-culture compilation. "Thee Book" is part of a very elite group of genre-defining compilations with "Dedication", "The Elephant Table Album", "Rising From the Red Sands", "Come Again" and the "Dry Lungs" series. It's that good.

The album was released by Graf Haufen Tapes, a German cassette label for synth weirdness and noisy punk, as a set of two tapes plus artwork in 1984. Just a few of the artists on this are Smersh, Gerechtigkeits Liga, Chazev, Non Toxique Lost, P16.D4, Le Syndicat, Kapotte Muziek, The Haters, Het Zweet, De Fabriek, Commando Bruno, Club Moral, Falx Cerebri, DDAA, Architects Office, Mario Marzidovzek, The New Blockaders, SBOTHI, Vittori Barone... I could go on, but I think you see what I mean.

tape one
tape two 

7 comments:

Anonymous,  17 December 2016 at 06:43  

Thank you so much. I have to say that this blog is amazing, I discovered it three years ago and you have mind blowing music. You and mister Stump are wonderful. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous,  18 December 2016 at 16:46  

Caligari:
masterpiece!

Anonymous,  22 December 2016 at 15:15  

Man, it's been a while since I downloaded from zippyshare. Their ads seem to be a little malicious in nature.

Anyway, I appreciate the uploads. It's been a while since I've been on Bleak Bliss, but I'm really glad to see you guys are still posting the noise goods. You rock :)

badgerstump 22 December 2016 at 15:18  

Thanks ... but where the hell have you been?

Anyway ... use Firefox with their Adblock Plus plug-in and the ads disappear!