Zac Davis, Kim Gordon, Ben Chasny, Thurston Moore, Elisa Ambrogio, Bill Nace, Gown, Dredd Foole, Matt Krefting And Jessi Leigh Swenson - Kumpiny Night




Ages ago, J started this blog and either the best thing or worst thing I have ever done was to start talking to him and then join in on this blogging lark.

On January the 4th 2010 I chose my first post. A large Lambsbread drop. In all of the world of music, I chose them (feel the love and all that). Then we had a filehost issue and I had to delete the post. At the time nobody was really seeing the blog and nobody was downloading. Seemed to be a sensible decision at the time but have always regretted it ... mind you, I never thought for one second that I would still be here doing this!

I thought about posting those Lambsbread today (but there was a lot of them and I need to pretend that I actually have some kind of life). Instead, how about this?

This is a CDr released on Maim & Disfigure in 2007. It is a recording of a live thing and basically at the start it is announced that the people there will be drawn out of a hat and have 5 minutes to improv something or other.

There's a lot of waiting around until you get something you actually want to hear.

You might say that this sums the blog up but I've said it myself to save you the effort!

Kumpiny Night

5 comments:

Mrs. Inside 4 January 2014 at 17:49  

Happy Anniversary, Badger! Cheers to many more noise-obsessed years ahead.

tomr4 4 January 2014 at 23:05  

happy anniversary, sir.

Anonymous,  5 January 2014 at 14:24  

thanx for all this years of madness!
i found this blog in 2010 when i scanned the web for zaimph posts.
the best thing that happened: tons of music that without this blog i probably never would have heard. the worst: i missed that gigantic astro post.

badgerstump 5 January 2014 at 15:44  

Let me know what Astro you particularly want and will sort it out at some point!

Anonymous,  8 January 2014 at 21:20  

I have no idea. Post anyone you like if you are in the mood and it will make me happy!