Churner‎ - Machines Of Annihilation




This is a four CDr set released on Dan's Violent Noise Atrocities in 2008 that I bought from the man himself when Churner and the label were very active.

Given the names of the release and the label, you can be forgiven for expecting hours of monolithic noise and aggression. No. No. No. This is no such thing! Whilst there is a lot of full on action, there is so much variation across the discs that it is utterly surprising. I sometimes hear early Luke Slater, Richie Hawtin's Robotman project and even Master Musicians Of Bukkake (but that may just be my fucked up sensibilities).

This was recorded using the frequency warping Little Boy Blue (pictured on the cover) made by Jessica Rylan. I'm not sure that even Jessica would have expected it to be used to such spectacular effect!

Whilst Dan isn't recording much at the moment...it's only a prolonged period of hibernation whilst he concentrates on enjoying real life.

Even so, new releases sneak out. For instance, Nerve Scrapper on Diskette Etikette Rekords. Filth Cleanser is due out on Knife In the Toaster with other releases pending on Love Earth Music and Richard Ramirez's Deadline Recordings HNW sublabel H Series. So keep your eyes open!

This is my favourite Churner release. It's been sitting on a shelf in front of me for years. I have no idea why it has taken me this long to share it with you......

Disc 1

Disc 2

Disc 3

Disc 4

2 comments:

Anonymous,  9 December 2013 at 16:46  

Caligari:
not bad.