The Hototogisu - Seattle 8.16.06



Sometimes I get disillusioned with this blogging lark.

I look at some blogs out there and sometimes think that I am watching some kind of arms race...who can post the new release...or bonus points for leaked releases that haven't hit the "shops" yet...

I don't judge such things...people make choices...and that is the end of that as far as I am concerned.

It is these things that keep me motivated:

If The Hototogisu are new to you...they were Marcia Bassett (who's material as Zaïmph is extraordinary but she was also a core member of Double Leopards and recorded as GHQ with Pete Nolan and Steve Gunn and with Tom Carter as Zaika and believe me there are more...) and Matthew Bower (Pure, Total, Skullflower, etc.).

This is a cdr from 2006 that brings together two live sets. It was self-released in an edition of 20.

Almost nobody ever got to touch this...

Seattle 8.16.06

9 comments:

Pale Flower 7 September 2012 at 23:01  

checking this out, I feel it's about good music, rather than first on the block. keeps me checking back here, i know.

A lot of this music i was into back then, but unable to buy, or find. so filling the gaps, as you do, is important.

Cheers.

Kris 8 September 2012 at 00:50  

Thanks for posting this! I absolutely love Double Leopards.

Anonymous,  8 September 2012 at 04:59  

Please keep up the work! I follow a long time your blog and many of your post new of me: projects or releases. And there is always someting to discover for everyone.

Anonymous,  8 September 2012 at 07:39  

The only one of theirs I've got is one they did with Burning Star Core... that's rather wonderful so I'm looking forward to this... thanks very much!

lizard johnny jewel 8 September 2012 at 11:17  

Being an ignorant fuck, I had Double Leopards records as well as Marcia's work with Samara Lubelski, and with Helena Espvall w/o ever realising the connection.

And being shite generally, I somehow missed your Zaïmph megapost and now rapidshite has wiped it all (I think... didn't check each link, being generally sh.. well you know already.)

So sad, me. If you were to repost any one of the Zaïmph releases, which would it be?

http://bleakbliss.blogspot.se/2010/01/zaimph.html

Anonymous,  9 September 2012 at 12:22  

Thanks For The Great Music You Post.
I Have A Request For You If It s Possible.
Please Post This One :

COUM TRANSMISSIONS - SUGARMORPHOSIS LP

Cheers.

elmer68 10 September 2012 at 20:15  

It is all supposed to about SHARITY, as your excellent blog is about not ripping off indepandant labels.
I appreciate all of the posts that you have offered of impossible to find releases.

Thank you!

. 24 September 2012 at 00:45  

ah-ha! looking close at the pic as cover... that's mine and the wife's old record store, the electric heavyland (r.i.p.), that they're playing in at.
we hosted them in Seattle that tour. the other show is from the Rendevous Jewel Box Theatre later that night.
there you go.

badgerstump 24 September 2012 at 18:11  

everytime a record store dies...we cry...and hopefully a major label suit loses their will to live and gains his or her conscience, gives up being a corporate whore and does some valuable work in the community